Neck of lamb with lemon and thyme
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the lamb (scrag end of neck of lamb, on the bone, or chops from the neck, or both) and allow it to sizzle and spit, turning occasionally until lightly browned all over.
2. Add the lemon juice (plus a little thinly pare rind), thyme, water or stock, a little salt and plenty of pepper.
3. Bring to the boil then turn down the heat to a gentle simmer and place a lid on the pan.
4. Cook gently, turning the meat over occasionally, for about 50 minutes, until the meat is tender.
5. Serve with plenty of good white bread and a perhaps a simple Greek style tomato and onion salad.